Kaiser Permanente Hawaii Presents Senior Summit Lecture Series October 2012 Calendar | Events
The Senior Summit program, presented by Kaiser Permanente Hawaii, provides ongoing educational opportunities on a wide variety of topics specific to seniors. The emphasis is on prevention, personal growth, and learning how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. All lectures are free and open to the public. To register, please call the respective location at provided phone number. For more information, call (808) 432-2235 or toll-free 1-877-447-5990.
WHAT: KAISER PERMANENTE SENIOR SUMMIT LEARNING SERIES
COST: FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
TOPIC: ELDER ABUSE: CAN IT HAPPEN TO ME OR SOMEONE I KNOW?
Abuse comes in many forms. Often the media focuses on abuse that occurs at institutions. The reality is that most abuse occurs in the community. Come learn about the signs of abuse and steps you can take to prevent becoming a victim of abuse.
SPEAKER: Valorie E. Taylor
LBSW, Director of Gerontology Program, Child and Family Services
WHEN: Wednesday, October 3, 2012
11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
WHERE: Leeward YMCA
94-440 Mokuola Street
Waipahu, HI 96797
REGISTER: To register, call (808) 671-6495
WHEN: Wednesday, October 17, 2012
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
WHERE: Nuuanu YMCA
1441 Pali Highway
Honolulu, HI 96813
REGISTER: To register, call (808) 541-5256
WHEN: Thursday, October 18, 2012
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
WHERE: Windward YMCA
1200 Kailua Road
Kailua, HI 96734
REGISTER: To register, call (808) 261-0808
WHEN: Monday, October 22, 2012
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
WHERE: Waipio Clinic
94-1480 Moaniani Street
Waipahu, HI 96797
REGISTER: To register, call (808) 432-2235
WHEN: Tuesday, October 23, 2012
11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
WHERE: Kaimuki – Waialae YMCA
4835 Kilauea Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
REGISTER: To register, call (808) 737-5544
Kaiser Permanente Hawaii has provided total health to the people of Hawaii for more than 50 years, with physicians who are members of the Hawaii Permanente Medical Group, the largest multi-specialty physician group practice in the state of Hawaii. Kaiser Permanente is dedicated to care innovations, clinical research, health education, and the support of community health. Visit kp.org for additional information. Become a fan of good health with Kaiser Permanente Hawaii: Like our page at Facebook.com/KPHawaii and follow @KPHawaii on Twitter.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Celebrate National Library Week - See Double Feature at Ewa Beach Library on April 14
- Ewa Beach Crush Football/Cheer
- See Two Free Movies at Ewa Beach Library on February 24
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Ewa Beach
- Emergency responders to conduct training exercises in Ewa
- Retirement Living Options Presented at Salt Lake-Moanalua Library April 22
- Graham Builders Hosts Free "Building Your Home for Life" Seminar
- Egg-citing Easter Celebration at Aloha Stadium
- Salt Lake-Moanalua Library Adds Saturdays Starting Week of March 10
- Pedestrian in critical condition after hit-and-run accident