VANS Custom Culture design competition | Arts & Culture
Information courtesy: Kipapa Elementary School
Under the direction of our very own colleague Jeff Fujimoto, Moanalua High has another talented team of art students vying for the Vans Custom Culture shoe customization contest...for the third year in a row!!
*In 2010, the team made it as one of ten schools in the Southwest region, but didn't win the top region vote to move on to the finals.
*In 2011, the team won the regional stage and was flown to NYC with four other regional winners, but another talented team won the $50k grand prize.
*Now in 2012, the team is kindly asking for YOUR help...so they have the opportunity once again to advance to the finals...and win this for themselves, the art department, their school, and Hawai'i!
(last year the MoHS team thought their journey had ended a few hours before polls closed, we experienced water spouts, thunder and lighting....and were 500 votes behind....then....miraculously won the regional vote...by the skin of their teeth!! they won at the last moment....because of you!!) THANK YOU!!!
Your votes will decide which five schools (one per region), will travel to LA for the exclusive final event at the Long Beach Museum of Art in May. The final five schools will win big money for their schools! The grand prize winner will receive $50,000 and each runner up will receive $4,000 for their school's art program. National shoe retailer Journeys has teamed up with Custom Culture this year to choose their favorite Local Flavor themed pair of shoes and award a separate $5,000 prize to that school along with $1,000 to each of the four runners up. (previously, only the top placing school received prize money)
THE STUDENT ARTISTS ARE:
THESE PASSIONATE ARTISTS ARE NOT ASKING FOR ANY OF YOUR MONEY--- just a few minutes of your time in voting and spreading to word to anyone (on o'ahu, in hawaii, on the mainland, in the world)...because only one vote per I.P. address is allowed. Please forward this email to your personal one and vote for Moanalua High School!! :)
To vote...visit-> http://www.vans.com/customculture/vote/
Click on "Southwest"
Vote for "Moanalua High School"
THE VOTING PERIOD ENDS at 5:59 p.m. HST on Thursday, May 3....but please don't wait until then to case your vote! :)
On behalf of Jeff and the vans team, THANK YOU for your support in the past years, and thank you for your vote this time!!
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- See Ewa Beach Library's Movie Mondays including "The Lego Movie"
- Wealth Managing Partners, Inc. tees off to help ill children of Hawaii
- Woman and three children escape unhurt as fire destroys their Ewa home
- Motorcyclist in stable condition after colliding with vehicle in Ewa Beach
- Ewa Makai Middle School Principal named as finalist in $25,000 School Leadership Award
- Visitor from Utah dies after apparent drowning at Shark's Cove
- Polynesian Cultural Center's Hukilau Marketplace Introduces New Dining & Retail Offers
- State Farm Fair to feature "Best Local Pie" contest
- See Rakugo Japanese Storytelling at Eight Selected Public Libraries
- Mermaid Storyteller Featured at Waialua Library on June 7